Founded in 1991 in Fort Collins, Colorado, the brewery expanded to Asheville, North Carolina in 2016 and Denver, Colorado in 2018 and opened their brew pub in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco in 2021, making it the 3rd largest craft brewery in the U.S. Dedicated to proving that business can be a force for good, New Belgium is a Certified B Corp and was the first brewery to join 1% for the Planet. New Belgium is famous for its flagship beer, Fat Tire Amber Ale, along with year-round favorites like Voodoo Ranger IPA and La Folie Sour Brown Ale; as well as an award-winning wood-aged sour program, innovative limited release beers and new Fruit Smash Hard Seltzer.
New Belgium Brewing Company
New Belgium welcomes all, and acknowledges that racial, gender, and other injustices are thickly embedded throughout our society today. Direct action must be taken to redesign our economy and communities in a truly inclusive way. We are committed to taking bold action within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community. Coworker benefits equitably extend across the workforce, irrespective of sexual orientation and gender identity. New Belgium has offered equal spousal and partner health care benefits since the early 1990s and our onsite physician in Fort Collins is trained in transgender medicine and healthcare. In 2019, New Belgium hired the first Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion specialist in the craft beer industry. Our specialist identifies as a Black, Trans (non-binary), Queer person.
We have put into place the following initiatives with our DEI Specialist, our internal and external DEI advisory councils, and our Leadership Team.
• Comprehensive audit of the co-worker and customer experience throughout our hiring process,
workplace, marketplace, and media platforms to be followed by improvement initiatives
• Mandatory company-wide Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion trainings
• Expansion of coworker-led affinity groups to promote community, connection, and visibility
• Strategic and philanthropic partnerships that center leadership from communities facing historical and
systemic inequalities and increase equitable access to economic opportunities
• 2020 Biere de Queer Release: 16 Queer-Led and Queer-Supporting Breweries to Champion Right Now -
• 2019-2021 Piano Keys Collaboration with Ale Sharpton: With New Belgium Brewing Collaboration,
Atlanta’s Ale Sharpton is Building Bridges with Craft Beer - Butter.ATL
• Members of PwC’s CEO Pledge for Action on Diversity & Inclusion
• Members of the Human Rights Campaign’s Business Coalition for the Equality Act
• Crafted for All committed brewery
• 1st Craft Brewery recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the HRC’s
Corporate Equality Index with a score of 100/100